Wednesday 3 August 2011

Eating and Running

I've fallen into a new run day snacking regime and I love it! Recently at work they started cutting up oranges as part of the morning snack bar. I'm addicted, I pack an over flowing baggie on the days I plan to run and the effect has been fantastic. When I was in high school oranges were the snack for my basketball team during half time. I'm convinced that my taste buds have memories and the second I eat these beautiful orange slices I go back like I was in Harry Potter dream-bowl-thing.  I feel athletic! Like I can run faster! Like I should be pivoting and doing the weave!Stressing over boys and homework and not appreciating how good of shape I was in. I'm on a tangent,I digress and apologize.



Don't they look juicy and tasty


The second half of my snacking duo is white toast soaked in butter. I need butter, I can hear my whole body demand butter after a run. Who am I to argue.



 My random rule is if its natural/not chemical food I can put it in my belly. So post run, you can find me with sticky orange slice fingers and a shiny face from my butter and toast.

My run for the day is pretty simple 2 quick miles at lunch at about a 10:00 pace. Then back to the day job of geologizing. Boyfriend, The Engineer, has flown from work to home so the next 6 nights will be filled with musical movies that have been put into the intolerable movie category by the boy.

What memories do your taste buds store? Geeks like me want to know



Soon C.


No comments:

Post a Comment