Friday 11 November 2011

Snows

Well it's officially a day off for all of us! Actually the first day of P's 3 weeks off and a week or so into my 6 weeks holidays, plus the little ones are off for remembrance day. Which is, a stat holiday here in the NWT and was one of the few nice surprises when I moved up here. Our moment of silence today, happened to fall during a time out. Not what I had pictured but we did read Flanders Field and talked about the wars which turned into a weird conversation about helmets.

Today:
We slept in - till 7, we were clearly up all night partying like rockstars
Woke up to big fluffy snowflakes and it's maybe -5 degrees. Snap on the trax, For a glorious run in the snow today or so I thought. We have bought a house on a hill, which means the run home is always uphill. Big picture this will be cool build strength , yada, etc but right now I think I am going to puke every time i finish the climb to the top. Not cool, not cool at all. So today we had a very hard 3 miles in the snow @ 10:00 minutes. After Vegas I am working on becoming blazing fast. When I got home I made a hot buttered rum and it was delicious.

In other news, there is a small window where running in the winter here doesn't mean you are commpletely insane. That time is nigh, pre-40 type weather! However running here with no reflective gear @ any point in the winter means you are insane as the days are getting short and the road I ran on is actually technically part of one of the major ice roads in Canada. I have been trying to be as safe as I can; bright clothes running in the most visible areas but I can't shake the feeling that I will be smacked by a Mack truck while rocking out to Kanye West. I think reflective gear will be my must buy in Vegas. I also think I am the new wacko on the road ! I am hoping for some new nickname like white lightening or whatever

This blog needs better posts and pictures.

This is a start ;)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Somewhere very north on a medium sized lake

No comments:

Post a Comment